Environment & Sustainability Policy
Omnitau is committed to promoting sustainability. Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to Omnitau’s professional activities and the management of the organisation. We aim to follow and to promise good sustainability practise, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our customers and suppliers to do the same.
Our Sustainability Policy is based upon on the following principles:
- To comply with and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practise.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To make customers and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practises
In order to put these principles into practise we will take the following practical steps:
Travel and meetings
- Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend meetings, site visit etc, apart from in exceptional circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive
- Avoid physically travelling to meetings etc. where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or web cams and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiply trips. These options are also often more time efficient, while not sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with clients and partners.
- Reduce the need for our staff to travel, by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working etc. and promote the use of public transport by locating our offices in accessible locations.
Purchase of equipment and consumption of resources
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by double- siding all paper used and identifying opportunities to reduce waste.
- As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping.
- Purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy. Seek to maximise the proportion from renewable energy sources, whilst also supporting investment in new renewable energy schemes.
Working Practise and advice to clients
- Undertake voluntary work with the local community and/or environmental organisations and make donations to seek to offset carbon emissions from our activities.
- Ensure that any associates that we employ take account of sustainability issues in their advice to clients.